- Still not convinced that Social Media can help a Financial Advice business?
- ...and as a result you still don't have a Social Media strategy?
- Still wondering what to post about?
- Still worried about the amount of time it all takes?
These concerns usually spring from one fundamental issue, and it's summed up nicely here:
"You must have a social media strategy in order to determine your social media return."
Social Media can seem extremely overwhelming to professional services firms, particularly if you don't know why you're doing it in the first place.
So at its simplest, you need to decide what you'd like Social Media to help you with in your business and then create a plan to help you get there.
For IFAs and financial advisers, there could be many possible outcomes that you are looking for - many of which are listed in this article - but here are just six out of thirty eight listed:
- They get many more visits to their website
- They are able to improve their search engine rankings
- Prospects can build a better picture of an adviser by seeing beyond just what he or she put on their website
- They are able to reinforce themselves as authoritative and credible in (say) pensions, investment and other areas of personal financial planning
- They strengthen their reputation for trustworthiness
- They have a great way to engage with professional connections and centres of influence
As soon as you know why you want to use Social Media, you'll be surprised how quickly the pieces fall into place and then the planning process can begin in earnest.
But even when the penny drops, many IFAs and advisers still aren't sure how to go about starting their plan.
So we made it easier by creating a special Social Media Planning Tool - designed specifically for IFAs, Financial Planners, Wealth Managers and other Financial Advisers.
Check it out - it takes you step-by-step through a proven process designed to help you identify how Social Media will work in our business, how to target your activity and what to post about.
The problem I have with social media is my strategy (or lack thereof). You must have a social media strategy in order to determine your social media return.